All environments within the Sites are for the exclusive use of adults, age 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Legal representatives have the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or require it be modified or deleted.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you specifically. You can use our Sites without disclosing Personal Information, and we do not require you to provide Personal Information as a condition of using our Sites, except as may be necessary to provide you with a product or service at your request. The types of Personal Information we collect and share depend on how you use the Sites and the products or service that you purchase from us. To protect your privacy, you should not provide us with any information that is not specifically requested. Examples of the Personal Information we may collect and maintain include:
- Information that you enter into data fields or forms on the Sites, which may include but is not limited to contact and financial information like your name, e-mail, and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit card numbers;
- Automated information that may be collected when you interact with the Sites, e-mails, and online advertising, which may include but is not limited to:
° Cookies used to recognize you as you use or return to the Sites and gather information about your visit. More information about cookies appears below.
° Technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer’s operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages.
- Similar technologies – In addition to cookies we may use small image files called Pixel Gifs/web beacons, for example, in the body of our e-mail newsletters so that we know when you open an e-mail from us or click on a link included in one of these e-mails. This helps us to understand whether particular content is of interest. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each e-mail.
Managing Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
- You can learn more about how to manage all cookies across different types of browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. The site also includes additional useful information on cookies.
- Please note that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Sites you may not be able to take full advantage of the functionality of the Sites.
Like most website operators, Nova collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, Nova may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our website.
Nova may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Nova may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose any Personal Information to anyone, except as permitted by law and under the following limited circumstances:
- We may share Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, distributors, or suppliers (collectively, “Associates”) that help with our business operations and in connection with servicing your account or processing your transactions. We prohibit these Associates from using such information for any purposes other than those requested by us.
- We may share Personal Information in special circumstances including in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. We may share certain personal information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
- We may share Personal Information for our marketing purposes to offer our material and services to you and/or to invite you to participate in surveys about our products or special promotions, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- We may transfer Personal Information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution, or similar event.
You may receive e-mail, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications from us. To stop receiving such communications please contact us at the e-mail or postage address set forth at novacares.com or novabiomedical.com. Instructions for how to unsubscribe to e-mail newsletters are also included in each such e-mail. If you send an [e-mail] [or letter request], please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as the specific changes you would like to make. Until your requested change takes effect, you may still receive marketing communications from us. Although you may have opted not to receive marketing communications, you may still receive certain business-related communications.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS
The Sites may contain links to other websites that are not affiliated with or maintained by us, including third party sites that display company trademarks. We do not monitor the privacy practices of these third-party sites, and we do not exercise any authority over the sites. As a result, we do not assume any responsibility for the content or data-collection policies and procedures of these sites. When Users access any of these third-party sites, we cannot guarantee that their privacy will be protected in the same way it is on our Sites.
WARNING ABOUT FRAUDULENT E-MAILS
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, do not respond. We will never request your Personal Information through e-mail.
OTHER APPLICABLE LAWS
California Residents. California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 give California residents the right to ask us for a notice describing the categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it has been shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the e-mail or regular mail address provided on the <Contact Us> page.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Nova Biomedical Corporation
200 Prospect Street
Waltham, MA 02454-9141 U.S.A.